You provide important information about yourself when you do business with our financial institution. This information is important because it helps us get a better picture of your needs, provides better service, and complete your transactions more effectively. Federal regulations require us to inform you of the types of information we collect, as well as how and with whom we share the information. Below is an outline of our information sharing policy:
- Information Sharing With Non-Affiliated Third Parties
- A. Categories of Information We Collect
- We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or forms;
- Information about your transaction with us, our affiliates or other;
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency
- B. Categories of Information We Disclose
- We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about your customers or former customers to anyone except as permitted by law unless the customer expressly authorizes or requests it.
- C. Categories of Parties to Whom We Disclose
- We are permitted by exceptions to the opt-out requirements to disclose information to service and processing providers without seeking customer approval. We do not disclose nonpublic personal information to joint marketing firms, unless the customer expressly authorizes or requests it.
- D. Service Provider / Joint Marketing Exception
- We choose carefully the companies that provide services for us (such as service and processing providers, check printer or marketing services). These companies are contractually required to adhere to our strict standards of information security and confidentiality. They are not allowed to use our customer information for any purpose other than the intended service.
- We may disclose the information we collect, as described above, to companies that provide service and processing, perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements, as permitted by law or the customer expressly authorizes or requests it.
- Information Sharing With Companies in Our Corporate Family (Affiliates). Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, we are permitted by law to share within our family of companies information concerning a customer’s account history and experiences with us. We are a part of a corporate family; therefore, we do have affiliates that we may share nonpublic personal information with. These affiliates are the Eden Financial Corporation.
- Confidentiality, Security and Accuracy. All our employees are governed by a code of conduct that includes the responsibility to protect the confidentiality of customers’ financial and other personal information.
- We do not disclose information about our customers or former customers to anyone, except as outlined in the policy or as permitted or required by law, unless the customer expressly authorizes or requests it. Our strict policies for protecting customer information apply equally to active and inactive customers. In accordance with standard banking industry practice, and the Fair Credit Reporting Act, we share customer information with reputable information reporting agencies.
We work to ensure that the information concerning you is accurate in all aspects. If we become aware of inaccuracies in our records, we will take prompt steps to make appropriate corrections.
Notice: Amistad Bank is chartered under the laws of the State of Texas and by state law is subject to regulatory oversight by the Texas Department of Banking. Any consumer wishing to file a complaint against Amistad Bank should contact the Texas Department of Banking through one of the means indicated below:
In Person or U.S. Mail: 2601 North Lamar Boulevard, Suite 300 / Austin, TX 78705-4294
Phone No: 877/276-5554; Fax No: 512/475-1313